- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together the seasonings in a small bowl. Pour them over the chickpeas in a large bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Place the chickpeas in a single layer in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. As stated above, you may want to put them under the broiler for a minute or two if they've been stored in the container for more than a few hours.
Savory Roasted Chickpeas Price Breakdown I start with dried chickpeas, which are much cheaper than the canned version. They cost $.17 per cup when you start with dry beans, but they’re $.50 or more per cup when you buy the canned version. The total cost of this recipe is $.55, or $.18 per half-cup serving. These savory roasted chickpeas are a great healthy substitute for the empty carbs we often reach for between meals.